To book to attend the 2017 Congress please click on the 'Book Online box' at the bottom of this page.
1: Delegate Fees
- Early Bird rates:
The Early Bird One rate will be available until the 31st January 2017, 'Early Bird Two' rate will start on the 1st February 2017 until the 30th April 2017.
(To the April 2017)
IFMA Full Congress Delegate
IFMA Full Congress Delegate
(New or Renewing member)
Please Note: Rates are quoted in GBP (Pounds Sterling)
Day Tickets (09.00hrs to 17.00hrs Monday/Wednesday and 09.00hrs to 13.00hrs Friday)
Following the opening of registration in January numbers registering for the full Congress have beaten our expectations. Following the close of the Early Bird registration at the end of April Day Tickets to cover the Monday/Wednesday day time and Friday conference will be available subject to space availability.
Congress registration includes
Date - 2017
|Sunday 2nd July||Registration||Yes||Yes|
|Monday 3rd July||Congress||Yes||No|
|Tuesday 4th July||Field Trips||Yes||Yes|
|No evening event||NO Event||No Event|
|Wednesday 5th July||Congress||Yes||No|
|Thursday 6th July||Field Trips||Yes||Yes|
|Friday 7th July||Congress||Yes||No|
Congress Registration does not include:
Travel to and from Edinburgh, the delegates accommodation, meals and visits other than those within the the full delegate or accompanying person package.
2: International Farm Management Association (IFMA) Membership
- Full Delegates must be paid-up members of IFMA
Delegates joining IFMA or renewing their membership at the time of Congress Registration do so for 2 years.
The IFMA Membership Fee at Registration will be GB£96.00 (includes UK Tax).
- When completing the Registration Form-
Select the 'Member' Fee option if you are an existing member and do not wish to renew your membership with the registration.
Select the 'New Member/Renew' option if you are not a member or if you are and wish to renew your 2 year membership.
- Alternatively you can join IFMA or Renew your Membership on the IFMA website for 1 year using this link: IFMA Membership.
NOTE: If you have become a member of IFMA or you renewed your membership on the IFMA website since August 2016 you do not need to pay membership fees at registration, unless you wish to purchase an additional 2 years of membership.
- IFMA Membership Benefits are viewable by using this link: IFMA Benefits
3: VAT - (Value Added Tax)
The registration fee includes VAT covering relevant areas
4: Accommodation: Delegates must arrange their own accommodation
- Registration for the Congress does not incude accommodation and this must be booked separately
- Accommodation to suit all delegates requirements is available in Edinburgh but, as it is a very popular destination, it is important that accommodation is booked as soon as possible.
Places to Book Accommodation
- We have arranged with two supplier options for booking accommodation and the 'Accommodation Tab' on the website will give you two options:
- On Site Hotel and Halls - the link on this tab will take you to the booking system managed by 'Edinburgh First' and you will be able to book a range of accommodation which is within walking distance of the Congress venue
- City Hotels - the link on this tab will take you to 'Convention Edinburgh' who have a range of hotel options in the city
5: Visa Requirements
Delegates should check the Visa requirements that apply to them. The following link to the UK Government Visa Website https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa is a helpful source of information.
Delegates are advised to only use the UK Government website with address www.gov.uk/ pages.
Depending on your country of origin you may have to attend an interview. If you need a Visa to visit the UK - DO ALLOW THE MAXIMUM TIME TO OBTAIN YOUR VISA- APPLY EARLY to avoid disappointment.
6: Weather / Clothing
Whilst the Congress is being held in the summer it is not unusal for there to be some inclement weather so you are advised to bring suitable clothing to cover wet conditions and the occasional chilly evening
7: BIO Security
We will be visiting working farms and meeting those who are involved in agriculture from around the world and BIO Security is very important to us all. You are expected to take all necessary precautions
- By Air: Edinburgh airport is well connected with International, European and domestic flights and has a modern tram system and dedicated bus service that links it with the City
There are 3 main options that are worth looking at for those using long haul flights to Edinburgh
Flying to Schiphol (Amsterdam) and catching an interconnecting flight to Edinburgh
Flying to London (Heathrow or Gatwick) and catching an interconnecting flight to Edinburgh
Flying to Manchester and catching the direct rail connection to Edinburgh from the airport station
Edinburgh is very well serviced by the train with the main station 'Waverly' having direct rail conections with London and Manchester
- Whilst at the Congress
Following registration all delegates who book the full package will be provided with a bus pass that will cover Monday to Friday of their attendance at the Congress and which will allow free use of the city buses
9: Changes & Alterations
I am sure you will understand, as with all such events, despite all the planning and checking we do, things will pop up that mean we may have to make changes/alterations to the published details of the 2017 IFMA Congress.